Kirton McConkie’s immigration attorneys handle all aspects of workplace immigration matters. We work with employers to supply worker visas and to assist companies to stay in compliance with immigration requirements. Our attorneys also assist with administrative and federal judicial reviews.
The immigration lawyers and paralegals at Kirton McConkie have tremendous depth and experience with many facets of immigration law. Collectively, our immigration attorneys possess over 70 years of experience with employment-based immigration matters and have worked on complex immigration issues involving businesses and foreign workers’ employment-based visas.
Our immigration attorneys frequently strategize with companies to obtain employment-based visas and green cards for foreign faculty and staff.
The attorneys in this group are fluent in multiple languages including Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Guarani, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, and Ukrainian.
RESPONSIVE CLIENT SERVICE
Recognizing and understanding the importance and urgency of our clients’ immigration matters, we respond to client inquiries within 24 hours. With our depth and breadth of immigration expertise, our clients always have personal access to an immigration attorney who can address legal issues or paralegals who can answer questions regarding the status of a case.
The immigration attorneys and paralegals at Kirton McConkie strive to understand thoroughly our clients’ short- and long-term business goals and objectives. Partnering with our clients, we devise and develop immigration strategies to meet our clients’ specific business and employment needs.
Our attorneys provide valuable training to employers on immigration-related issues, including but not limited to the proper maintenance of H-1B public access files and I-9 forms, employment-based nonimmigrant visa requirements and procedures and strategies for obtaining permanent residence for foreign national employees.
During training sessions, we share information to improve immigration case preparation and compliance with federal and state immigration laws and regulations.
We also send clients legal alerts and articles published by our attorneys to help remain up-to-date on new developments in immigration law.
The benefit of working with Kirton McConkie is the resources to scale up (or down) as needed to ensure timely and competent business immigration legal services.
The rules and regulations for hiring foreign-born employees are complex and there is a risk of sanctions and penalties for non-compliance or misrepresentation. Even if the employee provides false documentation that appears legitimate, the employer can be held both criminally and civilly liable. Taking extra precautions with foreign-born employees, while not violating discrimination laws, requires a thorough understanding employment and immigration issues.
Our immigration lawyers advise companies on how to sponsor foreign-born employees for temporary visas and permanent residence and how to stay in compliance with the mandatory I-9 employment eligibility form, record-keeping, and counsel use of the e-verify program. Our services range from performing internal audits of company I-9 forms to reviewing hiring practices and compliance policies. As needed, we work with clients to create procedures for ongoing compliance.
We also counsel clients should a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or Department of Labor (DOL) audit or investigation occur and assist with negotiations and settlement with ICE in audit sanctions.
Specifically, we routinely handle:
- Employment-based nonimmigrant visas, including E-1, E-2, E-3, J-1, H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L-1, O-1, P-1, P-3, R-1, and TN.
- Employment-based permanent residence applications, including PERM labor certifications, I-140 immigrant petitions (multi-national managers, extraordinary ability aliens, outstanding researchers, and professors, national interest waivers, and skilled and professional workers), and I-485 adjustment-of-status applications.
- Employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant matters for companies.
- Employment verification, including internal I-9 reviews and training, as well as representation for employers during audits conducted by ICE.
- Perform internal audits of company I-9 forms and review hiring practices and compliance policies. As needed, we work with clients to create procedures for ongoing compliance.
- Global immigration matters for inbound and outbound employees.
- Each attorney in this group has served as the chairperson for the Utah chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) as well as national leadership roles in the immigration field and many regularly lecture on the nuances of immigration law for the Utah State Bar, the Utah Chamber of Commerce, law schools, and other organizations. Our attorneys are also legal counsel to international consulates throughout the U.S.
- To provide high-quality value for all requested business immigration legal matters to ensure you receive the highest standard of client service.
- To respond to requests for advice on business immigration law and the status of business immigration applications within 24 hours of each request.
- To participate, as requested, in informational meetings, including workshops and seminars on business immigration law and issues.
- Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.
- Aruze Gaming America, Inc.
- Assa Abloy EMS & OEM Group
- Aviation Communication & Surveillance Systems
- Bavarian Consulting & Development
- Brigham Young University
- Bydex Management, LLC
- Cowboy Village Resort
- Cybermetrics Corporation
- DeltaValve, LLC
- Deseret Digital Media
- GS Trackme LLC
- HBavaria, LLC
- HealthLine International Corporation
- MOBIS Parts America
- Navigator Business Solutions, Inc.
- Oakley Idaho Crops
- Online Image, LLC
- Pharmaceutical Strategies Group, LLC
- Phoenix Staff, Inc.
- Rego Consulting Corporation
- Reliance Medical Systems
- LLC Service Experts LLC
- Sonitronies S. de R.L. de C.V.
- SunFed Produce, LLC
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Vivint, Inc.
News & Events
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2014
- Press Release, 08.15.2013
- Press Release, 09.13.2012
- Press release, 08.23.2012
- UTC Clinic hosted by Kirton McConkie, 04.08.2015
- Live webinar, 01.09.2014
- Law360, 02.01.2017
- InsideCounsel, 07.17.2015
- Less Can Accomplish More for Immigration ReformLitigation Strategies For Immigration Issues, 2015
- InsideCounsel, 06.19.2015
- InsideCounsel, 05.15.2015
- Immigration Law360, 04.30.2015
- Utah Employment Law Letter, 04.2015
- Utah Employment Law Letter, 10.2014
- Utah Business, 12.2013
- Law360, 03.18.2013
- Utah Employment Law Letter, 09.16.2012
- USCIS temporarily suspends premium processing for H-1B Extension of Stay petitionsKirton McConkie Legal Alert, 05.26.2015
- H-1B petitions selected, petitioner notification timing uncertain05.04.2015
- H-1B visa cap updateKirton McConkie Legal Alert, 04.13.2015
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services reaches H-1B cap for Fiscal Year 2016Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 04.07.2015
- Eligibility extended for certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B non-immigrantsLegal Alert, 02.24.2015
- Details on the executive action for immigration reformLegal Alert, 11.24.2014
- Kirton McConkie legal alert, 04.07.2014
- Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 10.03.2013
- A Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 05.07.2013