Larry Jenkins is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Natural Resources and Energy sections. He represents municipalities and political subdivisions in various matters, including litigation and environmental issues. He has represented a large Utah special service district for over 25 years.
Mr. Jenkins supervises the firm’s adoption practice, which represents and advises adoption agencies, adoptive parents, and birth parents. He also represents and provides general counsel services for a clinical counseling client with offices nationwide and in many other countries.
Mr. Jenkins is a current board member and fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys. He is also the Chair of the Salt Lake Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Family Law
Professional Excellence Award from the Utah Adoption Council, 2009
Angel in Adoption Award from the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute, 2005
Utah Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Appellate Procedure, 1991 to 2011
News & Events
- Kirton McConkie Attorney on Team Representing Two Organizations in Indian Child Welfare Act Case in Brief Filed with Supreme Court06.2022
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Marriott City Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 18-19, 2012
- A Kirton McConkie publication, 08.2015
- Deseret News, 06.25.2013
- A Kirton McConkie publication, 05.01.2013
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 1986
- Elected to Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, BYU Law Review, 1985-86
- Member, BYU Law Review, 1984-86
- United States Supreme Court, 1998
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1995
- Utah Supreme Court, 1986
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1986