Ms. Horton is a member of the firm's International and First Amendment sections. Her practice focuses on appellate litigation, including drafting briefs for the U.S. Supreme Court and other courts of appeals. She also advises clients on constitutional rights, regulatory compliance, contracts management, records management, and responding to data breach incidents.
Ms. Horton also interacts with counsel in various countries, including Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific Islands. In particular, she advises clients on cross-border business transactions, tax and regulatory compliance, funding, and entity management.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Horton served as a law clerk to Judge Jill N. Parrish of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah.
- Summer Associate, Kirton McConkie, 2014
- Judicial Intern to Justice Jill N. Parrish of the Utah Supreme Court, 2013
- Judicial Extern to Magistrate Judge Dustin B. Pead of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, 2013
News & Events
- Judicial Clerk to Judge Jill N. Parrish of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, 2015–2016
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D., with Highest Honors, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Utah Law Review, Executive Footnote Editor
- Stephen Pierre Traynor Legal Writing Award, 2015
- National Moot Court Team
- Traynor Moot Court Competition 2014, Second Place and Best Brief
- Brigham Young University, B.A., English, summa cum laude, 2011
- National Merit Scholarship, 2009–2011
- Utah, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah