Alexis’ practice includes patent prosecution, patent portfolio management, transactions, due diligence work, agreements, opinions (including validity, infringement, patentability, right-to-practice (RTP), and freedom-to-operate (FTO) opinions), counseling, offensive and defensive patent issues. Also extensive experience in trademark matters, including trademark application filings and prosecution and offensive and defensive enforcement actions.
The technical focus of her practice includes many areas of biotechnology, medical devices, software, artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things, computer technology, automotive technology, communications, networks, databases, datacenters, cloud computing, internet systems, and many other areas.
- Guided start-ups through Fortune 10 companies with respect to identifying IP for protection, filing for patent protection, and prosecuting patent applications
- Provided assistance to foreign clients and associates with respect to patent filings in the United States.
- Partner, Nelson & Nelson, 2006-2020
- Of Counsel, Stevens Law Group, 2006-2020
- Associate, Kirton McConkie, 2002-2004